Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Airport and Airline Security

Do you know what I hate? I just hate it when you get caught up in airport security. Sometimes I just think that security and customs staff just like to go through a female's bag! Yes I know it's important but how ridiculous is this. Recently I was about to board a Thai Airways International Airlines flight from Bangkok to Sydney and the airport security at Bangkok gave me the third degree and after going right through my hand luggage, refused to allow me to board with nail clippers. "You've got to be joking," I said. Nope, no go! They would not allow me to board with these 4cm long personal nail clippers. The ridiculous thing about this is that when I finally cooled down after boarding, was relaxed and seated, and then when my meal was served, guess what?

Now how stupid is that, a steel knife and fork both 20cm long! I don't care what anyone says but when compared to the knife and fork, there is no way that my nail clippers were a threat or could be considered as a dangerous weapon. I was steaming, let me tell you. And besdies, why as recent as November/December 2005 are steel knives and forks being served on international flights? Perhaps Thai Air may have an answer!

2 comments:

Panthere Noire said...

I much doubt that Thai Air - or any other airline, for that matter 0 does, but you have my sympathy.

Beyond that, it seems to me that "security measures" is just the latest convenient excuse for instituionalized idiocity, particularly at airports.

LBseahag said...

I hate the way that scary souffle- thingy on the left looks...